Contact Warr & Co and discuss your position with one of the directors. We can prepare a personalised “net take home” remuneration prediction based on your specific circumstances and earnings potential. We will talk you through your options and the implications of contracting. After agreeing the right way forward, we would typically start the ball rolling with the initial fact finding information necessary to proceed with registering your business.
Ideally we would like to arrange a face to face meeting to discuss how to operate your business, talk you through all the requirements of operating as a Sole Trader, show you how to complete a simple bookkeeping spreadsheet, provide tax planning and make sure you are 100% happy.
We issue you with our welcome pack which includes engagement letters (terms and conditions), Registration forms for Self assessment, VAT and the flat rate scheme and request that you sign the HMRC authority to act documentation so we can speak directly to HMRC regarding your tax affairs.
The typical services that we provide to your freelance sole trader business are;
- Open a business bank account with Cater Allen
- A face to face meeting
- Register with HMRC for Self assessment
- Register with HMRC for VAT and the Flat rate scheme
- Completion of your annual financial statements
- Completion of your personal tax return
- Calculation and advice on VAT returns and payments
- Unlimited telephone and email support from one of our directors
- Tax planning specific to you
- Provide credit reference or mortgage/tenancy references
- Provide forecasts and projections
- Deal with HMRC correspondence
- Deal with HMRC enquiries (free subject to terms and conditions)
- Complete National Statistical office questionnaires
- Comparison of the benefits between operating as a limited company or as a sole trader.